Sunday, January 21, 2018

Ever Present #2 - 'Forever Faithful' - Brian Leifeste

1. He is ‘Ever-Present’.

He is near. With Us. Among Us. In Us. Through Us. 

Is this in our sight - Vision? ‘the Lord is with us.’ 

Do you know the I am’s? I am means NOW. 

John 6:35: Jesus said to them, "I am the bread of life. The one who comes to me will never go hungry, and the one who believes in me will never be thirsty. 

John 8:12: Then Jesus spoke out again, "I am the light of the world. The one who follows me will never walk in darkness, but will have the light of life." 

John 10:9: I am the door. If anyone enters through me, he will be saved, and will come in and go out, and find pasture. 

John 10:11: "I am the good shepherd. The good shepherd lays down his life for the sheep. 

John 11:25: Jesus said to her, "I am the resurrection and the life. The one who believes in me will live even if he dies, 

John 14:6: Jesus replied, "I am the way, and the truth, and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me. 

John 15:5: "I am the vine; you are the branches. The one who remains in me - and I in him - bears much fruit, because apart from me you can accomplish nothing. 

John 8:57-59: 57 Then the Jews said to Him, “You are not yet fifty years old, and have You seen Abraham?” 58 Jesus said to them, “Most assuredly, I say to you, before Abraham was, I AM.” 59 Then they took up stones to throw at Him; but Jesus hid Himself and went out of the temple, going through the midst of them, and so passed by.

The God who is with us is with us. 

Matt. 1:23 “Behold, the virgin shall be with child, and bear a Son, and they shall call His name Immanuel,” which is translated, “God with us.”

John 14:15-18 15 “If you love Me, keep My commandments. 16 And I will pray the Father, and He will give you another Helper, that He may abide with you forever— 17 the Spirit of truth, whom the world cannot receive, because it neither sees Him nor knows Him; but you know Him, for He dwells with you and will be in you. 18 I will not leave you orphans; I will come to you.
2. God is.

Psalm 46:1-3
1 God is our refuge and strength, A very present help in trouble. 2 Therefore we will not fear, Even though the earth be removed, And though the mountains be carried into the midst of the sea; 3 Though its waters roar and be troubled,
Though the mountains shake with its swelling. Selah

Heb. 13:5-6
NKJV 5 Let your conduct be without covetousness; be content with such things as you have. For He Himself has said, “I will never leave you nor forsake you.” (x3) 6 So we may boldly say: “The Lord is my helper; I will not fear. What can man do to me?”

3. “Why?” A better question is “Now What?”

This I know:

Matt. 16:15-18 15 He said to them, “But who do you say that I am?”
16 Simon Peter answered and said, “You are the Christ, the Son of the living God.”17 Jesus answered and said to him, “Blessed are you, Simon Bar-Jonah, for flesh and blood has not revealed this to you, but My Father who is in heaven. 18 And I also say to you that you are Peter, and on this rock I will build My church, and the gates of Hades shall not prevail against it.

Jesus builds His church. I do understand that Jesus is not talking about buildings here. Jesus builds His church (people). Buildings are tools used by people. 
1 Thess. 5:16-18
16 Rejoice always,
17 pray without ceasing,
18 in everything give thanks; for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus for you.


No comments:

Post a Comment